The CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation is looking for a
FREELANCE COPYWRITER (ENGLISH)
with the talent and expertise required to promote the work done at Sainte-Justine.
Why Do We Need You?
The CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation needs your skills and know-how for individual assignments to be submitted to our communications team. Compassionate, detail-oriented and meticulously organized, demonstrating a positive attitude and a keen ear for listening, the ideal candidate will possess exceptional writing skills (editorial quality), particularly in science-related communication for the public and in philanthropic writing.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Philanthropic Development and Communications, you will:
• Draft backgrounders and other communications tools used to report on the impacts of donations and to solicit, recognize and retain donors.
• Participate in briefings with the relevant medical teams and other members of the Foundation to gather the information needed to write copy used to approach new donors or report on donation impacts.
• Research and fact-find, make the resulting information accessible to the general public and adapt it for philanthropic purposes.
• Bachelor’s degree in writing, communications or equivalent (essential).
• Five years’ experience as a freelancer or in a position with similar responsibilities.
• Ability to write and adapt content of a scientific nature.
• Keen interest in Sainte-Justine’s mission.
• Exceptional writing skills in English, good written and verbal communications skills in French;
• Impeccable knowledge of spelling, terminology and grammar.
• Knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising, an asset.
• Ability to provide information and advice to suit various needs, and to quickly develop a rapport and a sense of trust with a wide range of people.
• Efficiency, flexibility and ability to adapt to change and adjust to multiple contexts.
• Knack for compiling, organizing and summarizing scientific content and adapting it for philanthropic purposes.
• Methodical approach to creating and reviewing content.
• Excellent interpersonal and listening skills, with a strong sense of empathy.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Creativity, autonomy and initiative.
• Ability to analyze and summarize information.
• High level of integrity and excellent judgment.
Ready to Take Up the Challenge?
Assignments will be given on an as-needed basis, up to a maximum of 15 hours per week, with a view to developing a long-term partnership. Physical presence at the office may be required depending on the type of assignment.
To apply, send us a brief description of yourself along with your résumé and portfolio by November 18, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also be happy to get in touch with any references you provide.
About the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation
Guided by the love of children, generosity, the family, excellence, leadership and ethics, the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation’s mission is to engage the community and support the CHU Sainte-Justine in its pursuit of excellence and its commitment to providing children and mothers with one of the highest levels of health care in the world, now and in the future.
Faites-moi une offre
Lieu de réalisation
Montréal - Télétravail
Niveau d'expérience désiré
Délai de réalisation
Ces prochains mois
Vous devez être membre PRO pour soumissionner sur les projets. Devenez PRO